Sunday, 12 August 2012

Book review


Book review: Sidney Sheldon’s Tell me your dreams

This will be my very first book review and hopefully you guys will like it. Although I always write about fashion, I thought of trying something different. Sidney Sheldon has a very special place in my literary heart. The first book I read by Sidney Sheldon was If Tomorrow Comes( I was in 11th), the escapes, the jewelry heists… I loved it.  At any rate, I have since read everything that Mr. Sheldon has written and been very pleased with each… I don't believe this comes close to Sidney Sheldon's other works. I wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy Courtroom dramas.

 Disclaimer: This review does reveal a few major spoilers in the plot. 

Plot and Characters:
The novel opens introducing us to Ashley Patterson (the heroine). She feels and believes that she is being stalked by someone with murderous intentions but she cannot prove it. One day, she comes home from work (in Silicon Valley) to find that all the lights in her apartment have been turned on. Another day she sees that her lingerie drawer has been ransacked.

In the next two chapters, we are introduced to Toni Prescott and Alette Peters who work with Ashley. Toni is six years younger than Ashley, born in England, is a bit of a “wild child” with serious maternal issues, a wonderful singer, but her inner thoughts keep flashing back to her mother telling her she was no good and would never amount to anything. Toni likes to dress provocatively and go club hopping on the weekends. She despises Ashley because Ashley is everything she herself isn’t. Alette is eight years younger than Ashley. Born in Rome, she is a soft spoken, sweet artist who also has maternal issues. Though people around her keep telling her that she is an extraordinarily talented painter, she keeps hearing her mother tell her the contrary.

Though she currently has a very close relationship with her father, Ashley is haunted by the memory of her father forcing her to leave her High School sweetheart, Jim. She had planned to run away and be married to Jim, but he never showed up at the train station. When Ashley attends her ten year reunion, she learns that Jim was viciously murdered and castrated the morning they were supposed to meet. She is stunned and immediately suspects her father. When a man at work who has been bothering her meets the same fate after she complains to her father about him, Ashley is convinced that her father is behind these murders.

On a business trip to Canada, Toni meets her Internet boyfriend for the first time. He presents her with a beautiful emerald ring and is then murdered and castrated. Alette’s artist boyfriend back home in California is also killed in this same fashion. Upon returning home, Ashley finds on her bathroom mirror the message “You will die”. The deputy assigned to protect her is found the next morning in the alley, dead and castrated. When the emerald ring given to Toni is found in Ashley’s jewelry box and her fingerprints and DNA at each murder scene, she is arrested. 

Did you enjoy reading? Should I do more book reviews?? Please do tell in your comments..

Thanks for reading.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't been reading good books for quite awhile already - should pick up a good read soon :)
    thanks for the love honey, I'm following you now :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by dear <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog! Follow you too with GFC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear!
    I love so much you're blog <3, I follow u :)
    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.

    Hope u follow back :) :)
    A lot of kisses.

    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back with pleasure! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^Thank you all, thank you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if you read my response, but i love your blog and i am now following you threw GFC my name is Lauren:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren, every follower is special to me.. <3 ya

      Delete
  7. Nice review. I love read, and that book sounds really interesting :)
    Follow you back :)

    -Marisa
    http://stylingdreams.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! :) Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should def do more book reviews! =)
    i love your taste in books, haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I will certainly have to keep my eye out. It sounds like a really interesting book! I absolutely love reading, and I love that you did a book review!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya :) I'm Meghan... A brand new blogger ... I admire your blog and wanted to know if you could check mine out?
    Mainlymeghan.blogspot,com
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ^^ thank y'all so much, thanks for reading..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your book review idea! I think it's a great idea and you should definitely keep doing them :)
    I love reading myself and it's always great to find new things to read!
    xo, Llana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hunn <3 As much as I love fashion, I enjoy reading books..

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you.. Please leave your comments and suggestions...